Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Me

It is that time of year again...but I'm not setting any resolutions, only making healthy life choices. I think resolutions can be over done sometimes. I'm not trying to start something that I've never done before, I'm just getting back in shape after having a baby and living a healthy life.

Sunday marked 4 weeks post-delivery and last night was my first visit to the gym. It is always hard to actually get myself to the gym but once I'm there it always feels so good! Although, hitting the new circuit machines after an 8+ month absence from the gym presented its own challenges...some of those machines are so hard to figure out...and I thoroughly enjoy looking like an idiot while trying to figure them out! By the time I got home my whole body ached and continued to ache until this morning.

To hold myself accountable I'm putting it all out there:
(per http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/ideal-healthy-weight)
Ideal Weight Range: 139-173 lbs BMI Range: 19.5-24.9
Weight: 160 lbs
BMI: 23
Waist; 34 in
Hips: 40.5 in
Thighs (R/L): 23.5/24 in

My goal is to lose 1% of my weight each week. If I can do this I will be at ~152 lbs (about 3 lbs lighter than my pre-baby weight) on Feb. 5th, my 30th birthday. I don't have an end goal weight that I'm going for; however, the 135-145 lbs range would be nice. But, muscle weighs more so we'll see. Here's the thing, the hubs tells me there are no more babies in my future and I'm turning 30 in a month. There's no time like the present to get in the best shape of your life...so this is my attempt at it.

My other "non-resolutions" are my redemption Go! STL half-marathon in April. It is a redemption race because last year sucked so bad...I'd like to remind you that I was pregnant during last year's race and didn't know it. Also on the list are the TriFAHL Sprint Triathlon in April, Bridge the Gap half-marathon in May, and my first full marathon (hopefully Chicago) in October.

Here's to 2012! May it bring you (and me) tremendous health and happiness!

1 comment:

jan said...

You say it is 8:09 a.m. - do you know where your brain is? Think about what you are saying in the bright light of day! Taking care of the 6 of you should take all the energy you can muster - how can you find time to run?

How far in the future are you predicting there will be no more babies? Hello, Hogan! Ha